Sunday, December 13, 2015

All of November in one post

So, in the last post I wrote about how Chad was leaving for Tanzania for 2 weeks. That was a month ago! He's come home, but then went right back to Tanzania for another week. He was gone for 3 weeks in November. Luckily the kids were amazing for me and Chad called everyday. We made it and are stronger because of it. 

Chad left the first time the morning of Halloween. I went with a neighbor and took the kids trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Lincoln loved it! (It was his first time). Zalie also had a great time.



We did a lot of fun things together while Chad was away. One of which was Lincoln feeding yogurt to Zalie. Sometimes I wouldn't get Z food right away and she'd get angry. Lincoln took matters into his own hands and decided to feed her himself. They were both happy and I could finish what I was doing.


"She's Santa!"
           
A week after Chad left, Lincoln threw up all night. He was happily helping me rake the leaves a few hours before he threw up and then he was literally up every hour puking. I slept in his room to help him out. He was back to himself a couple days later. Thank goodness!



With Lincoln all better, we were able to spend an evening at the Air and Space Museum. This is an awesome museum, and it's 5 minutes from us!





Finally, after being gone for 2 weeks, Chad was home! The first thing Lincoln said to Chad was "Did you get me presents?" ha... luckily Chad is amazing at buying gifts! We're talking stuffed animals, african fabric, soccer jerseys, a magic lamp, baskets, and so much more.



Chad got home Nov 16th, and then the 17th was his 28th birthday!! Woot woot!



The next week we headed up to Pennsylvania to see Kevin, Ruth, Kyle, and Marie for Thanksgiving. We started the celebrations out right be going to the Turkey Hill Ice Cream Experience. Hey, any place with a huge cow in front of it is automatically worth the money in our book.


 Oh, and did I mention this museum has an unlimited supply of free ice cream and lemonade?

Who has time to smile when there's ice cream to be eaten?


And it just kept getting better. There was a ball pit, too!




... And a dairy truck with a working horn!


Let's just say, Thanksgiving in Lancaster, PA is so chill (or is it Xochil?). Lincoln was in heaven-what with tons of toys and dress-ups, two cousins to follow around, and a dog. He found this batman mask and wore it non-stop the whole day. He even prayed in his batman voice.


We came home Saturday after some awesome black-friday shopping, although Chad's still upset I wouldn't let him get a hover board. On Sunday we decorated the Christmas tree. On Monday night we dropped Chad off at the airport again. Luckily that week without him went off without any sickness and it went to much faster than previously.




The Tuesday after Chad left, Dec 1, I took the kids into DC on the Metro. It was my first time going on the metro, and I'm grateful for all my experience in Europe. It felt just like we were in the Hague, although it was a bit pricier.



We went to the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of Natural History. It was so fun to meet up with Charisse and Ben! We'll have to do it again.



 Lincoln developed a fascination with Snow White since Chad was gone. I had to drop Lincoln off with friends while I had Activity Days, and they watched Snow White (they're all girls). I read that book to him everyday after he watch the movie. We also play with the Dwarfs each day. He takes them to school on his school bus and then I quiz them on their letters. Dopey is actually pretty smart, y'all! We also made a house for the Dwarfs, under Lincoln's direction. He designed it and I just did what he told me. It turned out great, although Zalie might have fallen into it...




Chad has been back now for a week and we are so happy he's not going anywhere for a while! Yesterday was the first Saturday we've been able to just spend time together as a family. It was SO NICE! I've missed him and I'm so grateful I have him home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annual Greeting 2017

It's time once again for our (in)famous annual greeting card! Read on. 2016 flew by. Here are some of the highlights! We start...